Belt-driven spindles with drive under the spindle rail
Within the framework of an internal study, the advantages of the US and USL types used in the market for decades with tremendous success have been combined in the new universal USU spindle. A new constructive element is the drive, which is positioned under the spindle rail and thus requires the existing machines and spindle rails to be redesigned.
Free of any structural constraints regarding existing types of machine designs the universal spindle USU was developed, which combines all customer requirements in one single product. The constructive base is the integrated bearing configuration proven millionfold in which the raceways are directly ground into the hollow shaft and the bushing. Thanks to this compact construction, it is possible to combine a vibration resistant shaft (Ø 16.65 mm) with the minimum mounting space required in the spindle rail with a retainer hole of 42 mm.
The USU spindle has a 2.5 fold higher computational lifespan compared to competitive spindles. The reasons for this include, but are not limited to:
- integrated storage
- shaft with Ø 16.65 mm
- 30% higher load ratings
- improved shock absorption
- 75% higher grease service life (larger grease reservoirs and quantities, specific bearing grease)
Product advantagesmore +
- Higher performance combined with a longer lifespan compared to the hollow spindles with individual bearings existing in the market
- Reduction of maintenance costs and energy consumption, resulting in a shorter economic payback time
- Broader range of applications with regard to bobbin weights and rotational speeds
- More stable covering process
- Improved yarn quality
- Noise reduction
- Simple adaptation of the spindle pot
From an ergonomic point of view, the advantages include easy and safe handling thanks to the single-hand adapter, significantly reduced noise levels and improved occupational safety through the belt cover.